From December 11 to 13, 2014, Libreville hosts the Pan-African Forum on "African Youth and the Challenge of Promoting a Culture of Peace in Africa". Organized jointly by the Omar Bongo Ondimba Foundation and the Gabonese National Commission for UNESCO, in collaboration with UNESCO, this international meeting aims to launch a network of youth organizations working to spread a culture of peace in Africa in through actions in favor of dialogue, tolerance and social inclusion. Young people will be at the forefront of the three-day forum organized by them, for them and with them. One hundred young people representing 45 youth organizations and African national youth councils will be gathered. All regions of the continent will be represented, including the Diaspora. To ensure that young participants have maximum autonomy and initiative, UNESCO made available to them three months ago an online platform which enabled them to take up the stakes of the debate.
Under the patronage of the President of the Republic of Côte d'Ivoire
"Peace in the minds of men and women"
Celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Birth of the Culture of Peace Concept
Launch of Activities of the Network of Foundations and Research Institutions for the Promotion of a Culture of Peace in Africa
Yamoussoukro, September 21-22-23, 2014
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Report of the 5th Meeting of Members of the Network held on 21 September 2019 in Angola on the sidelines of the Luanda 2019 Biennale for the Culture of Peace
- Activity Report 2019
- Program of the Luanda Biennale
- DRC the six-day war in Kisangani
- Insecurity in the Masisi in Eastern DR Congo
- General Report of the Houphouet Boigny Foundation International Conference, October 20, 2018
- RAPPORT FINAL DE LA CONFERENCE FESA-UNESCO SUR LE THEME "PREVENTION DES VIOLENCES ET PROMOTION DE LA CULTURE DE LA PAIX EN PERIODE ELECTORALE EN AFRIQUE" LES 12 ET 13 DECEMBRE 2016 A LUENA EN ANGOLA
- BULLETIN DE L’UNION AFRICAINE (UA) ET DE LA CORNE DE L’AFRIQUE (HOA) du 1er juin au 31 Août 2017
- LES STATUTS DU RÉSEAU
- RAPPORT D'ACTIVITÉS 2014 - 2015 DU RÉSEAU
- RAPPORT D'ACTIVITÉS 2015 - 2016 DU RÉSEAU
The Network Meetings
You are welcome to visit the website of the Network of Foundations and Research Institutions for the Promotion of a Culture of Peace in Africa.
The Network was created at the end of the Addis Ababa meeting on September 20 and 21, 2013 with a view to "creating a continental and sustainable peace movement capable of mobilizing African States, the private sector, African artists and leaders, international organizations and regional development actors as well as NGOs and grassroots associations". It is currently composed of 44 African and non-African organizations listed here.
You will find on our website articles, publications, photos and videos concerning the promotion of the Culture of Peace on the African continent. We also keep you informed about upcoming events.