Following the decision of the African Union N ° Assembly / dec.558 (XXIV) point G: 22 (II) requesting the African Union Commission to study with UNESCO and the Government of Côte d’Ivoire the possibility of creating a school of peace, the representatives of the above-mentioned institutions and the FHB Foundation held a technical meeting concerning this project on May 21 and 22, 2015 in Abidjan.
The purpose of this meeting was:
- prepare the creation of the school dedicated to the culture of peace;
- develop an action plan and a financing plan;
- prepare the launch of project activities.
DECISION ON ITEMS PROPOSED BY THE MEMBER STATES
1. TAKES NOTE of the following points proposed by the Member States:
A. DATE AND PLACE OF THE THIRTY-THIRD, THIRTY-FIFTH AND THIRTY-NINTH ORDINARY SESSIONS OF THE AFRICAN UNION CONFERENCE
2. TAKES NOTE of the offers made by the Republic of Niger, the Kingdom of Swaziland and the Republic of Zambia to host the thirty-third, thirty-fifth and thirty-ninth regular sessions of the African Union Conference in June / July 2019 in Niamey (Niger), June / July 2020 in Ezulwini (Swaziland) and June / July 2022 in Lusaka (Zambia) respectively, and EXPRESSES GRATITUDE to the abovementioned countries for their offers;
3. ENDORSES the above three offers and REQUESTS the Commission to carry out the necessary consultations with the three Member States for the purpose of holding these sessions under the best possible conditions;
The Network Activities Live
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Call for Papers HARIS 2 JUNE 2021
- Report of the 5th Meeting of Members of the Network held on 21 September 2019 in Angola on the sidelines of the Luanda 2019 Biennale for the Culture of Peace
- Activity Report 2019
- Program of the Luanda Biennale
- DRC the six-day war in Kisangani
- Insecurity in the Masisi in Eastern DR Congo
- General Report of the Houphouet Boigny Foundation International Conference, October 20, 2018
- RAPPORT FINAL DE LA CONFERENCE FESA-UNESCO SUR LE THEME "PREVENTION DES VIOLENCES ET PROMOTION DE LA CULTURE DE LA PAIX EN PERIODE ELECTORALE EN AFRIQUE" LES 12 ET 13 DECEMBRE 2016 A LUENA EN ANGOLA
- BULLETIN DE L’UNION AFRICAINE (UA) ET DE LA CORNE DE L’AFRIQUE (HOA) du 1er juin au 31 Août 2017
- LES STATUTS DU RÉSEAU
- RAPPORT D'ACTIVITÉS 2014 - 2015 DU RÉSEAU
- RAPPORT D'ACTIVITÉS 2015 - 2016 DU RÉSEAU
The Network Meetings
You are welcome to visit the website of the Network of Foundations and Research Institutions for the Promotion of a Culture of Peace in Africa.
The Network was created at the end of the Addis Ababa meeting on September 20 and 21, 2013 with a view to "creating a continental and sustainable peace movement capable of mobilizing African States, the private sector, African artists and leaders, international organizations and regional development actors as well as NGOs and grassroots associations". It is currently composed of 44 African and non-African organizations listed here.
You will find on our website articles, publications, photos and videos concerning the promotion of the Culture of Peace on the African continent. We also keep you informed about upcoming events.