Solidarity with Gaza
“We’re watching a genocide unfold in real-time. In just three weeks, the Israeli military has killed over 8,000 Palestinians in Gaza, among them over 3,000 children,” Jewish Voice for Peace (JVP) said early Monday (October 30). “That’s more than the annual number of children killed in conflicts across the globe since 2019.” According to the United Nations, as of October 26, at least 45% of housing units have been destroyed or damaged.
International Day of Peace
According to our survey of the Internet there was an increase in participation in the International Day of Peace this year. This was true in all regions of the world except for Africa and the Arab and Middle Eastern States.
NEWS FROM THE PALESTINE ISRAEL CONFLICT
“Israel’s military occupation has morphed the entire occupied Palestinian territory into an open-air prison, where Palestinians are constantly confined, surveilled and disciplined.” This is the conclusion of the latest report to the United Nations by its Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in the Palestinian Territory.
The report “finds that since 1967, over 800,000 Palestinians, including children as young as 12, have been arrested and detained under authoritarian rules enacted, enforced and adjudicated by the Israeli military. Palestinians are subject to long detention for expressing opinions, gathering, pronouncing unauthorised political speeches, or even merely attempting to do so, and ultimately deprived of their status of protected civilians. They are often presumed guilty without evidence, arrested without warrants, detained without charge or trial and brutalised in Israeli custody.”
The Network Meetings
- Call for Papers HARIS 2 JUNE 2021
- Report of the 5th Meeting of Members of the Network held on 21 September 2019 in Angola on the sidelines of the Luanda 2019 Biennale for the Culture of Peace
- Activity Report 2019
- Program of the Luanda Biennale
- DRC the six-day war in Kisangani
- Insecurity in the Masisi in Eastern DR Congo
- General Report of the Houphouet Boigny Foundation International Conference, October 20, 2018
- RAPPORT FINAL DE LA CONFERENCE FESA-UNESCO SUR LE THEME "PREVENTION DES VIOLENCES ET PROMOTION DE LA CULTURE DE LA PAIX EN PERIODE ELECTORALE EN AFRIQUE" LES 12 ET 13 DECEMBRE 2016 A LUENA EN ANGOLA
- BULLETIN DE L’UNION AFRICAINE (UA) ET DE LA CORNE DE L’AFRIQUE (HOA) du 1er juin au 31 Août 2017
- LES STATUTS DU RÉSEAU
- RAPPORT D'ACTIVITÉS 2014 - 2015 DU RÉSEAU
- RAPPORT D'ACTIVITÉS 2015 - 2016 DU RÉSEAU
You are welcome to visit the website of the Network of Foundations and Research Institutions for the Promotion of a Culture of Peace in Africa.
The Network was created at the end of the Addis Ababa meeting on September 20 and 21, 2013 with a view to "creating a continental and sustainable peace movement capable of mobilizing African States, the private sector, African artists and leaders, international organizations and regional development actors as well as NGOs and grassroots associations". It is currently composed of 44 African and non-African organizations listed here.
You will find on our website articles, publications, photos and videos concerning the promotion of the Culture of Peace on the African continent. We also keep you informed about upcoming events.