Virtual Events for Culture of Peace
There are now so many virtual events promoting the culture of peace that we have started a new service at CPNN, listing them in advance along with their registration infomation. We list those that are free and open to the general public. In this way, CPNN readers are able to participate in the live event.
This month we have listed an average of almost one event per day coming from all regions of the world. Here is a brief summary, organized by theme.
Culture of Peace Flourishes in Africa
Judging from the many articles from Africa in CPNN this monrth, the culture of peace is flourishing in Africa.
African Union (AU). The AU continues to provide leadership for a culture of peace throughout Africa, as we have followed in recent years in CPNN. This month the joint task force on peace and security of the AU with the United Nations held its 19th consultative meeting. The meeting discussed developments and cooperation in support to on-going electoral processes in Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana and Guinea. The meeting also exchanged views on the situations in Ethiopia, Libya, Mali, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan and Western Sahara.
The Network Activities Live
There are no upcoming events at this time.
- Report of the 5th Meeting of Members of the Network held on 21 September 2019 in Angola on the sidelines of the Luanda 2019 Biennale for the Culture of Peace
- Activity Report 2019
- Program of the Luanda Biennale
- DRC the six-day war in Kisangani
- Insecurity in the Masisi in Eastern DR Congo
- General Report of the Houphouet Boigny Foundation International Conference, October 20, 2018
- RAPPORT FINAL DE LA CONFERENCE FESA-UNESCO SUR LE THEME "PREVENTION DES VIOLENCES ET PROMOTION DE LA CULTURE DE LA PAIX EN PERIODE ELECTORALE EN AFRIQUE" LES 12 ET 13 DECEMBRE 2016 A LUENA EN ANGOLA
- BULLETIN DE L’UNION AFRICAINE (UA) ET DE LA CORNE DE L’AFRIQUE (HOA) du 1er juin au 31 Août 2017
- LES STATUTS DU RÉSEAU
- RAPPORT D'ACTIVITÉS 2014 - 2015 DU RÉSEAU
- RAPPORT D'ACTIVITÉS 2015 - 2016 DU RÉSEAU
The Network Meetings
You are welcome to visit the website of the Network of Foundations and Research Institutions for the Promotion of a Culture of Peace in Africa.
The Network was created at the end of the Addis Ababa meeting on September 20 and 21, 2013 with a view to "creating a continental and sustainable peace movement capable of mobilizing African States, the private sector, African artists and leaders, international organizations and regional development actors as well as NGOs and grassroots associations". It is currently composed of 44 African and non-African organizations listed here.
You will find on our website articles, publications, photos and videos concerning the promotion of the Culture of Peace on the African continent. We also keep you informed about upcoming events.