The validation workshop for the feasibility study on the Panafrican Peace School was held on 20 and 21 June 2016 at our headquarters in Yamoussoukro. Placed under the patronage of the Ivorian State, it was organized by our institution in partnership with UNESCO and the African Union. In addition to the three organizing entities, the workshop was attended by the following institutions and structures:
The project of the Panafrican School of Peace aims to meet three major expectations:
- The involvement of Côte d'Ivoire, through the Félix Houphouët-Boigny Foundation for Peace Research, in the research, preservation, maintenance and promotion of peace in Africa and in the world.
- The creation, within the FHB Foundation, of a high-level training and research center on Peace.
- International cooperation for the culture of peace, bringing together various partners, be they international organizations such as the African Union, UNESCO, universities or research centers.
Communication to the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Côte d'Ivoire of January 27, 2016 on the financing of the feasibility study for the Panafrican School of Peace to be set up in Côte d'Ivoire: The Council authorized the release exceptional contribution of 35,000 US dollars as a contribution of our country for the feasibility study of the Pan-African Peace School project. This high-level center, under the auspices of the African Union and UNESCO, will be set up and located within the Félix Houphouët-Boigny Foundation for the Yamoussoukro.
Following the decision of the African Union N ° Assembly / dec.558 (XXIV) point G: 22 (II) requesting the African Union Commission to study with UNESCO and the Government of Côte d’Ivoire the possibility of creating a school of peace, the representatives of the above-mentioned institutions and the FHB Foundation held a technical meeting concerning this project on May 21 and 22, 2015 in Abidjan.
The purpose of this meeting was:
- prepare the creation of the school dedicated to the culture of peace;
- develop an action plan and a financing plan;
- prepare the launch of project activities.